Why We Read

We see new places and meet new people in books. We explore new ideas and examine our own ideas. Hopefully, we learn, change and grow through reading. Read at your own speed. Enjoy the reading experience!

Sep 1, 2013

I looked through all the books I have stacked up and nothing appealed to me. Therefore, I have gone back to the last Dibdin Aurelio Zen book I have left. I love the Zen series and I was saving the only one I have not read. "In Blood Rain, Zen has been exiled to Sicily under the guise of acting as a sort of watchdog, observing a recently reestablished anti-Mafia taskforce. By the nature of the locale--Sicily makes its own rules--the fact that the work of this commission will inevitably be compromised seems clear. What these books deliver is a uniquely hard-edged, no-holds-barred cynicism--light years from the squishy idealism lurking beneath the hard-boiled exteriors of most American detectives." Blood Rain by Michael Dibdin 300 pages published by Vintage. Unfortunately, Michael Dibdin, a British writer, died in 2007 and there will be no more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment