Why We Read

We see new places and meet new people in books. We explore new ideas and examine our own ideas. Hopefully, we learn, change and grow through reading. Read at your own speed. Enjoy the reading experience!

Dec 16, 2013

I am not a Christmas person. I do not like Christmas and I do not enjoy Christmas. I retreat under the bed with my books. This year, I discovered a Christmas book by one of my favorite authors which I thought was very strange because he is a cynical man. The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore 320 pages published by William Morrow   Moore pokes shameless fun at the weird things people do around Christmas, from aggressive Salvation Army bell ringers to Xmas Present Amnesty. Moore's twisted sense of humor shines in the odd pairings he cooks up -- the biologist Gabe and his dog, whose ruminations will have you laughing out loud; the pilot Tucker Case and the talking fruit bat he got as part of his divorce settlement; sheriff and former pot-head Theo Crowe and his wife, Molly Michon, the former scream queen who's gone off her meds and thinks she really is the warrior babe from her movies. I know I have a very twisted sense of humor and, thankfully, so does Mr. Moore so this is the perfect Christmas book.

No comments:

Post a Comment